Monday, July 20, 2009

One Week

In one week Wicca and I will be getting on a plane to fly to Ottawa for the AAC National Championships. The actual event runs from Friday to Sunday, but we are going early to let the dogs settle in, and to give us a few days to check the place out.


This will only be my second time flying. Last year we flew to Halifax, Nova Scotia. I feel much better about the flight this time around, so have one less thing to worry about. Of course we watch to make sure the dogs are loaded and unloaded- but West Jet took pretty good care of them last time.

This year Sarah's boyfriend Pete is coming, and our friend Jolayne (with Tag the BC) and her husband Aaron. I am looking forward to the whole trip- I've never been to Ontario before and we'll have a few days to sight see before the event starts. I am going to bring my camera and plan to take lots of photos.

The Event itself is very exciting. It is going to be huge- 581 dogs are entered to run. Wow eh??? There are more dogs entered in my division this year, and there is quite a lot of good competition. My goals this year is to place in the middle of the pack. To do that I will need to have two clean runs, and get one gamble. I think that it pretty attainable if I keep my head on straight and stay focused.


I am nervous, but am also confident in me and my dog. We had a great regionals, and we've improved a lot since last year at this time. Looking back on last years Nationals I was VERY nervous. I had never been to a National Event and didn't know what to expect at all. It wasn't nearly as intimidating as I thought it would be, and that gives me comfort for this year.

I am looking forward to seeing what kinds of challenges are going to be presented, spending a week with Friends (even if one of those is Aaron!) and playing with my dog. One Week Left. How exciting.

photos are from Sarah and I's national trip last year- sarah took the bridge photo, and some random stranger took the other one.... :)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

i am looking forward to it too! it will be neat to have Jo, Tag (and Aaron and Pete) there too!

THis time next week, we will be boarding the plane!

Diggy said...

Good luck! I'm sure you guys will do just fine. You're quite the team. The trip will be nice too. I've only been to Northwestern Ontario before.

Visichy said...

Have fun. I'm sure you'll meet your goals :)

gay said...

Good luck Wicca and Amanda! We leave Nova Scotia in a week as well (driving). I'm nervous and beyond happy exciteed too.
--gay and the only other Cardigan (baby Paikea) at Nationals 2009

Holly said...

You will have a great time. I love to fly vs drive.