Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Dentist

Hurray for Me!
I went to the dentist yesterday.
I got half a root canal.
And it didn't even hurt.
At all.
Serious.
I closed my eyes almost the whole time.
Only because I didn't want to see the needles/drills/etc.

Even now, a day later.
Still no pain.
I am waiting for it.
But nothin.

This going to the dentist thing is a big deal for me.
I hate going to the dentist, or the doctor.
My tooth has been hurting for a long time.
Like more than a year.
I'm a procrastinator.
The past four months have been hell.
I've been living on Advil and T3's.
Constant Headaches.
Lots of Ouch.
The whole works.

Hopefully that will be a thing of the past.
No more tooth pain.
Hurray for me!

I go back for the second part after Nationals.
Oh, and now my friends will hopefully stop nagging me.

6 comments:

Blazingstar said...

you are one tough cookie!! No pain at all? Are you on pain killers? So glad that you are finally getting this done.

onecollie said...

we all nagged you cause we all KNEW it would be fine...listen to your elders next time missy!!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

So glad it's behind you.
I had a wisdom tooth yanked yesterday, that I've been putting off a year too.
Not too bad...aren't we brave?

Gay said...

Yay you! Great to see you mention Nationals. I see only 2 Cardigans in the final entry list ... yours and mine! Can't wait to see you guys run.
--gay and Paikea

Holly said...

Glad you are recovering without pain. I hate the dentist too.

Judy said...

Bravo to you Amanda! Dentists are way better now as you have found...glad you got there since you admit you have been suffering