Thursday, September 01, 2005

Work Ethic....

Nothing much happening here these days as far as the beasts go. Wicca gets her stitches out tomorrow morning- she is doing really well, the incision is all healed up and doesn't seem to bother her at all.
I have taken to working the dogs a bit every morning again- sometimes there isn't enough daylight left by the time I get home from work and agility- so the morning has turned into our training time.
One thing about corgi's is that they sure like to work. The minute the clicker comes out they line up- the corgi's that is- I have to peel Kate off the couch to get her to work.....
I usually will start with some trick type things, a bit of heeling and then maybe a few fronts with Wicca.
Sam is still learning moving attention but we still practice fronts, and I have been trying to teach him a few tricks....I like my dogs to know a few at least- I incorporate them into my agility warm-up, and Corgi''s love to show off so any lull in the day or during training is a good time to do tricks!!!

Kate doesn't always participate in "training" but we go out and throw the ball, maybe do a couple signal exercises, go-outs and such...rarely do we "practice" heeling, and I try to avoid anything that might be percieved as boring....Otherwise I don't have a dog...she is surely a difficult dog...Good thing she isn't an obedience dog anymore!!!

No comments: