Friday, August 26, 2005

Stitches....

Well I bit the bullet and had Wicca spayed on Monday- oh, what a week it has been....
The first day was great- she left the incision alone- it looked great and she didn't seem to mind taking it easy...
By Wednesday I noticed that the incision was red and "bubbled" up around the incision.....I found a cone and Thursday morning thought that I would make her wear it while I was at work...Ha!
Wicca wanted nothing to do with the cone and when I finally caught her she had it off in seconds...so tightened the collar, did some adjusting and tried again...This time it lasted a few minutes before she triumphantly threw it to the ground....Grrrrr.....
So I put three stuffed bones in with her- a beef chew and a Peanut Butter Kong and left for work for the morning...Wicca wins again!

I have a vet appointment this morning at 10:00 to have the incision looked at- It looks to me like she has been pulling or attempting to pull the stitches out...I have tried and for the most part succeeded in keeping her calm- no jumping, no stairs, no running....but for you corgi people you know just how hard that is!

To top it all off- Sam is driving me crazy....he can't play with Wicca so he takes it out on me!!!!

-amanda

No comments: