Friday, September 02, 2005

Happy Birthday Kate!

Wow- Kate is Seven years old!!!! I can't believe that much time has gone by....
I remember when I first got her- I was still heart broke over my previous shepherd pup (who had HD and was euthanised at6months old) I wasn't ready for another dog but she really needed a special person and I guess it was meant to be. . Kate was the cutest pup- she still had very funny floppy ears and even at that young age had a not so great disposition. She threw up on me the whole way home and it took a long time for her to bond with me. She was a horrible teenager- she threw tons of issues at me - from fear aggression, possesivness, dog aggression, and was always worried. I can remember distinct times where I thought okay- this is it. I am not dealing with this anymore...But then she would do something great- or seem to respond to training and it was okay again for a while. Kate has been such a hard dog- but I love her to pieces. She is an amazing dog and I can see the changes in her. I see her relaxed, happy, tail wagging, and I thank God that I didn't give up on her. In her seven years she has done amazing things- from the first time she went into an obedience ring and through her fear and my nervousness scored a 191.5 and a High Score in Class, to the agility trial she Q'd in every run. All of which nobody except me and a few of her close friends though she could do. It has been an amazing 7 years and she has taught me alot of dog training, patience and unconditional love. She truly is a great dog and I love her for just being her....

Happy Birthday Kate!

No comments: