Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Regionals



The AAC Alberta/NWT Regional Championships are in just a few days. We are leaving Thursday for Edmonton. Steeplechase is Friday, and the actual events are on Saturday/Sunday. I think I am excited. :o)

This will be Wicca's fourth regionals and each year she has gotten better and better. This year has been a little rough so far, but I think we have our groove back. She had a great last "hurrah" at a funmatch this past weekend- her startlines, contacts and jumping were all very, very good. It has left me feeling pretty confident in our ability, and our teamwork. She is a pretty fantastic dog and as long as I do my job she will do hers!

I have a few reminders for myself this weekend.

1) Take a deep breathe before every run
2) Visualize the course
3) Support the jumps
4) Run!
5) Smile at my dog :)

My goals are to stay connected with my dog on each course, know where I am going, and handle my dog to the best of my abilities. Doesn't sound so hard right?!

4 comments:

Taryn said...

Good Luck!

Karen said...

All the best! I survived our Regionals last weekend, and will probably see you in Calgary!

Lindsay said...

Good luck! I hope you guys kick some butt!

onecollie said...

Plus, where a hat & sunscreen hee hee!
Pixely & I will be cheering for you here at home!