Monday, June 07, 2010

Canadian Specialty Results

I have very good dogs. Both Pixel and Wicca had great weekends and I am very proud of them.

Wicca earned her last legs needed for her Rally Excellence leg. And she finally got the last leg for her Novice CKC agility leg by running clean the first run of the weekend. That was her only clean run but lots of great moments in other runs. Her leadout on the JWW on sunday, her contacts were mostly good and her jumping was okay. She also played scenthurdle on Saturday- she raced 7 times and brought back the right dumbbell every time. The first two times she almost made an error but I was able to send her back. Our team finished 2nd out of 8 Alberta teams. I am very proud of her. I will know later this week how many points she earned. (And I have video!)

Pixel was really, really great. She is just a very honest dog who always tries her hardest to do the right thing. Rally on Friday you all know about. She earned a 97 and a 99- the 99 earning her the title of High Scoring Cardigan at the Specialty. I am so proud of her. She really had to work hard to stay focused in such a busy place. She was a little nervous even and I had to do a lot of talking to get her around the course. I got a wonderful photo of her with her giant ribbons.

In Agility She qualified in every run she did four standards and three JWW. Earning her Novice Agility title, and her Novice JWW title. I've never had a dog with such a high Q rate before. It is a little odd! She also won Highest Scoring Cardigan in trial! There were only three, but still! I am pretty thrilled with her. We had a few errors on the weekend- I notice that she doesn't always commit to the obstacle in front of her, and she isn't as solid on her teeter as I'd like- she was a little unsure and jumped off too early for my liking. Despite her errors- a few refusals- CKC is pretty forgiving and she still qualified in the runs. Her speed fluctuates a lot- she really prefers to start in a stand, and I get more speed if I lead out more. I can see that she is a little faster each time, but it still feels pretty pokey for me. I will stop complaining though as sometimes accuracy outshadows speed! :)

I am just so proud of her. I got a lot of compliments about her and everyone who met her just adored her. She will get her name on two trophys and I got a photo done for her rally win. It is quite beautiful and I can't wait to get it.

I managed to watch bits and pieces of the specialty itself. The brindle dogs kicked butt- Shelley Camm's Dolly won the specialty and I believe breed one day if not two. I will say that she is super cute in real life- her photos don't do her justice!

There were 16 Cardis entered- and all different sizes, and types. There were even a few other fluffs there. Pixel was by far the smallest Cardi. There was one dog that weighed 55 lbs. He was huge- but a complete sweetheart. it is amazing that in such a small pool of dogs that there was such difference in type and style. It was interesting to see the judge pick out what she liked. In the end you could see that she liked a well balanced dog with proper coat and movement.

Anyway, that's my official report. I have the actual results I could post for those interested. Tomorrow I will post a few videos and hopefully my photo. I am still very tired- even though I took today off to recover!

8 comments:

CardiCorgiOwner said...

HUGE congrats to you! Sounds like a fabulous specialty for you and the Cardis!!!

Taryn said...

What a successful time you had! Congrats! Your Nat'l sounds very small compared to the US. Cardigans must be a rare breed....

Jules said...

I am glad you had such a positive experience. It sounds like you and the girls had a GREAT time. Congratulations on Pixel's HITs!

Dawn said...

WOw, that is wonderful. Congratulations on a job well done.

Crazy Cardiness said...

Yeah congrats to Pixel!!! I wish that ROM would use Can. titles, that would have finished Belis ROMb. Either way congrats to both you and your dogs on a job well done!

Lani said...

Congratulations on a wonderful specialty! Good to see the video, too. Pixel is looking great - such nice attention, and lovely left turns - pivoting on her hind end!

Nicki said...

Great job. SOunds like it was a ton of fun.

Holly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!