Friday, November 20, 2009

Some Friday Morning Torture, and Updates.


Pixel is on the mend and doing great. Her spay incision looks awesome and the bruising is almost all gone. She is feeling pretty well normal now- but she is still on restricted exercise. We went for a leash walk yesterday, and she now has free range of the house except the stairs. I'm allowing her to do the three stairs outside, but otherwise I carry her.

Wicca still is showing no signs of stiffness. :)

Like I mentioned in my previous post I have a seminar this weekend with Kim Collins. She is a close follower of Susan Garrett. Her teaching style is what I would call "Up Front and In Your Face." In a good way of course! She tells it how it is, and will push you to do the best you can. I have been doing her "Outreach" program for a few years. She comes to my area three times a year and each seminar is a progression on the last. This is the third and final of a series for this year. Unfortunately next year I am only able to attend one. Her seminars are always really good- challenging, and sometimes frustrating but I always come away having learned something. I give credit to her for lots of my improvement as a handler over the past few years.
Looking at the handouts she's sent through this seminar will be no different. Lots of challenge. :o) But I like challenge.

This weekend also happens to be our local dog show. It really sucks that it is on the same weekend as I really would have liked to enter the dogs in rally, and Wicca in Open. But it just would have been too stressful to do both. (The seminar starts at 11, so I could have entered the morning at the dogshow) Anyway, I am going to watch for a bit Saturday morning- to cheer on my friend and her Collie, and to maybe fill in as a handler for a Flatcoat. :o)

It will mostly be a long and boring weekend for Pixel. She is going to stay home and rest. A dirty barn is not a place she should be hanging out at all weekend. Poor Girl, she's going to be so bored!

Now on to the torture- Yes, it's a hot dog.

Hold.

Leave It.

Leave it. Really. I mean it. Leave it.

Where's Vito and the hotdog? Well, Vito ate the hotdog whole before I had a chance to even take a photo. Sigh.

4 comments:

Taryn said...

My dogs could do the "leave it" with a hotdog, but asking for a "hold", no way! That baby would be gulped, not chewed, in one heart beat. Good job, Wicca!

Lynda said...

very cute!
glad to hear Pixel is on the mend.
Have fun at the seminar, I know you will learn lots.
You do such a great job with your dogs!
take care

MurphyDog said...

BOL!

Sounds like Vito was the only smart one of the bunch. ;)

I'm with him...eat the hot dog now, wait for the consequences.

wags, wiggles & slobbers
Murphydog

Dillydoodle said...

i got a good laugh about Vito and his hotdog. too cute! My guys could probably do the leave it like boone, but no way would they HOLD it like Wicca and not gobble that down. I am glad to know that Pixel is doing well from her spay. She is a such a cutie!

Emilie