Thursday, November 19, 2009

Limber as a Border Collie

Okay, maybe not that limber- but you get the idea! Wicca played agility for the first time in three weeks on Tuesday and isn't stiff at all- her neck, shoulders, and back are all A-OK. Do you know how happy this makes me???!!!! Like so happy it might keep me in a good mood for most of the morning. :o)

She only played a little- we did the gamble that Sarah posted on her blog- we did it succesfully once (with no bars) and three times with bars, and the other two times were most definitely NOT succesful. :o) I tried to use my "turn" out of the tunnel, and then over the bar...it didn't work. Anyway, the point is that she jumped, and ran, and twisted, and played and is not stiff after the fact.

So- I am feeling fairly optimistic. She hasn't done any contacts yet, and no weaves either. But it's a start. You see my issue was that there is a seminar this weekend that I've already paid for and was looking forward to. If Wicca wasn't able to run I had already talked to the instructor about putting Boone in her place. But really it's Wicca and I that need the most help. So- I am going to bring them both, (I don't think Wicca is quite ready for 10 hours of agility in one weekend!) and alternate them.

I am so glad she is feeling better.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

YAY for Wicca, keep her off the frame and weaves as long as you can.


.... P.S. we are the ones who need the help, probably more than our dogs at her seminars :)

Papillon Penny said...

So glad to hear that Wicca is feeling better!

Jules said...

Yay for Wicca!! That is great news!

Natasha said...

Glad that Wicca is good as new again! Have fun at the seminar!

~Nat