Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Belated Birthday Wishes

In the upset over Sam I haven't really had a chance to tell everyone it was Boonie's birthday on Sunday. He got to do his most favorite thing (play fetch and roll around on the couch) in the morning, and he had lots of fun destuffing his new hedgehog. We did some training in the backyard in the evening- and he got a whole extra meal at supper time. All in all Boone thought it was a pretty good day!



I never imagined I would get a Pyr Shep, and when I heard about Boone I did't imagine myself keeping him. But now- I couldn't imagine not having him. He is one of the gang now- and has a special place in my heart. Some things happen for a reason I guess. But I think I needed him more than he needed me. He has really helped me through Sam's injury-I think I would have gone crazy if not for the distraction.



This dog amazes me every day. He is just getting better and better. He has sure come a long way in a short amount of time. He loves everyone he meets- and is just become a very wonderful little dog. He has lots of heart, and a wicked sense of humour. He has decided that cuddling is an activity he enjoys and he is just a great, great dog.





Here are pictures of his progression- from scared little dog to a dog with heart and most importantly a dog who is happy...





8 comments:

Sarah said...

he has a new spirit that is for sure, he seemed so empty and lost when he came, he wouldn't even look you straight in the eye. if you think your dog is a freak, then that will be what he will be. you just treated him like a dog - which is what he is.

it's nice to see that he has a great personality under that hair, and he NOW has a sparkle in his eye, and no emptiness at all.

funny what a little bit of love and attention can do for a dog.

Dawn said...

Happy birthday Cutie. Glad to hear you got a bit of a celebration.

Paws on the Run said...

Happy Birthday Boone! Marlin never would have guessed you were a shy guy less than a year ago. You've come a long way!!!

Elf said...

Pyr Sheps are SO cute and sometimes almost Dr.-Seuss-like, the way their hair goes. And such great competitors when they get going. Luka the agility nat'l champion Pyr Shep was a very tentative and worried dog when I first saw her doing agility, and she's really blossomed, too.

-ellen

onecollie said...

happy belated birthday Boone!! Such great pictures of him too!
How old is the little fella now?

Anonymous said...

awwww Happy Birthday Boonie!!! I love ya even if I think your funny looking LMAO!!!!!
Sandy

Jules said...

Happy birthday. Love the final pic!!

Kim said...

Happy belated Birthday Boone!