Monday, June 16, 2008

No Rain...


No rain. All weekend. I was so excited.


Training went pretty good Saturday- Wicca and I worked on some Gambles- some jump patterns and some tough weave pole entries. I have been working her a lot on the poles- every angle I can think of- sending, running past, fc, rc, and she is doing great. I am much more confident she is going to get her entries and I think that is what makes the most difference when it comes right down to it!


I took Boone out too and did some small sequences- I am working on teaching him Obstacle Discrimination, he is doing not too badly and is starting to listen more. He will still hightail it for the nearest tunnel at any sign of stress. Yesterday there was still water in the tunnels so it was a double avoidance ;o) Boone LOVES water and will drink, and drink, and drink. It is most amazing.


Yesterday was Paws on the Run 1 year Anniversary- we had a little open house thingy and it was lots of fun- it was neat for the owners to see their dogs "friends." I take for granted when my dogs play as it is a normal occurance, and I work at the daycare so see it all the time. I think for lots of people it was the first time they'd actually seen their dogs play. Everyone had lots of fun!


Didn't do much in the way of training- worked on two poles in my yard with Vito and Boone. Vito thinks the game is fun and if I only had more time I am sure he'd get it much quicker. Boone is doing good- he loves the clicker so is having quite a lot of fun!


Gyppie went home last night. Vito was sad. The kitty, not so much :o)

No comments: