Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Bird-Dog?

Yesterday after work I went out with Sarah and our friend Judy to do some bird dog stuff. Kaleb is preparing for some hunt tests and Judy's pup Roxy is just starting water work.
I was the "thrower" shouting "hey, hey, hey" and then chucking the bumper or bird for the dog. It is fun and I got some pretty cool pictures with Sarah's camera.

Kaleb is amazing in the field and I always love to see what instinct can make a dog do. As with everything that dog does he goes 100mph with all heart. He really loves it has lots of fun. Little Roxy turned one year old yesterday and after just a few times doing water retrieves was like a little pro yesterday. She has lots of get up and go that one!

Wicca and Gyp got to play as well and I was very proud of Wicca when she went took a turn and brought back the Dokken Bird! She had lots of fun swimming in the pond- and playing in the field. She retrieved a few bumpers (when she could beat Gyp to the) and of course she even managed to find a gopher hole big enough for her to dissapear into!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Corgis are the do it all dogs, aren't they! I think I love the picture of Wicca in the gopher hole. Get that rodent!

RegentCardis said...

What great pictures. I love the water shot of Wicca with the duck. :-) That is so awesome. I only have one Cardi that will voluntarily get into water.

Jules said...

yes, she has what I now like to call "crazy corgi eye" in the water photo. :D Very cool!