Monday, December 03, 2007

Morning Rituals

(not the best picture I know, and it doesn't really apply to what I am blogging about but oh well)




  • 5:45- Sam starts rooting around, rolling, snorting, and grumbling his good mornings

  • 5:50- Alarm goes off, Sam jumps around on the bed- Wicca comes up to the head of the bed to say goodmorning- making woo woo noises, she likes to stick her cold little nose into my neck and then she proceeds to roll around and smear herself on me. If I am lucky I can pin her down for a few seconds of cuddling....

  • 5:55- Vito wakes up from his beauty sleep, and walks around on the bed smiling like a fool, when he almost gets to me he "falls" down and drags himself the rest of the way. Then he proceeds to grind his body into my head, trying to kiss me (I hide under the pillow)

  • 6:00- MUST get out of bed, open Boone's kennel he spins and twirls in happiness making little happy noises. I sit on the bed and he gets his morning cuddles and pets. He LOVES mornings and his whole body wags with anticipation- not sure if he's happy for attention or knows that he gets breakfast soon!

  • 6:10- Outside for pups, Shower for me

  • 6:20- Breakfast for pooches, (this is a one minute endeavor- even Boone eats like a mad man!)
  • 6:21- Outside for last minute business

  • 6:30- Pack up the dogs who are coming to work, give chewies or kongs to dogs staying home. And off to work I go!


Now of course there are always variables in our routines- some mornings we are up earlier (if we have "extra" dogs) or the dogs need more exercise, and some mornings we don't spend the extra 20 minutes in bed and will fit that 20 minutes somewhere else- training maybe, or a short walk around the neighborhood...but I will admit that most mornings that 20 minutes is spent cuddling with the dogs :o)

Oh, I have a Queen sized bed by the way....

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love those morning rituals with the dogs! So sweet how every dog has a different way of greeting the day and greeting their person.

Kim said...

We broke down and just bought a king size sleep number bed, for the dogs! We just get the edges. Casper states his number is a 45.

Paws on the Run said...

You never mentioned those mornings when you sleep in and get to work late... :) Hey - you wanted me to comment.