Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Dog Show Weekend

Well another weekend of NQ's for Pixel. Brat. This time she didn't FETCH! Of course she did the drop that time. Corgis sure know how to keep you humble. What a brat. It's a good thing she is very cute. And mostly good.

Brit on the other hand was a total rockstar. She was confident and happy to be working in the ring, and did everything I asked. Had I taught her the Broad Jump she would have been perfect all weekend... It completely slipped my mind that there was a possibility of a broad jump in advanced. Oh Well. She didn't know she messed up, and I have since done a bit of training with it. lol. An NQ is very motivating apparently. ;)

 Jolene was nice enough to video all weekend for me. So here are Brit's Rally Advanced runs. If you are only going to watch one then I would watch Sunday. Because that's when she got a perfect score *her first!, and a High in Class. Which is amazing as she is in the B stream and it is very competitive. Lots of perfect scores all weekends, and fast times. So I was thrilled for her to do so well.

Friday- the broad jump was a bridge, but otherwise she was perfect.

 

Saturday- 99/100. A slow sit on the left pivot. Which was my fault as I have been working hard on getting her to actually pivot, and not scoot on her butt which is what we had before. I haven't added the sits back in yet.. .


Sunday- 100/100 and High in Class. Love that wagging tail. You will notice though that she was a little nervous- especially when there was screaming coming from the conformation end of the building. And one of her tell-tail signs of stress is sniffing my pant leg. Which she does once in this video. But huge progress from the summer for her so I am thrilled.


I am itching to get back into the Novice Obedience ring with her- the last time she was in she did great one day- earning a 190something, and then the next day she melted into a pile of melty border collie. I think she has improved mentally since then- all my confidence building stuff is really paying off. So I may do a few winter shows... As long as she stays sound that is... ;)

2 comments:

onecollie said...

Total rockstar! both of you !!

2halves said...

She looks soooo happy!