Thursday, January 03, 2008

Poor Kate


This is Kate. She almost never gets mentioned, and never gets her pictures on the blog. Part of the reason is we don't do any training at all anymore. She hates it. So we just don't go there. She also spends almost all of her time at my parents house now. She hates the corgis and is horrible to them. Which makes it hard for everyone- Kate gets in trouble, she is sensitive so she takes things very personally, the Corgi's are upset or excited (Wicca tends to be overly submissive to her and things quickly get out of hand)...It is a vicious cycle. Kate also has seperation anxiety which for whatever reason is non-existent at my parents. She has her only dog friend at my parents- their Rottweiler cross Drew- who is her buddy and best friend. They love each other and play alot. It was a hard decision to let her live away from me, but one that has made a big difference in how she is and how our relationship is. She is a dog that I put a ton of work into but in the end it was more me wanting to do it- not her. So our working relationship went from bad to worse until I finally said she could lay on the couch and just do normal doggie things. I love her alot, and thank her for putting up with all those years of making her do stuff- but she truly is having the time of her life now...Kate's life story is a complicated one (and about 10 pages long), and although she has been a challenging dog I wouldn't change her or trade her for the world. This dog taught me so much about dog training, and life in general. She is a great dog.....anyway, here are some pictures of her...

This one was taken at the dogpark the other night. It is a horrible picture but is the most current one I have.... :o)

and now for some old ones- but great ones!
this was taken a year or two ago. It is one of my most favorites.

Baby Kate- wasn't she cute???!!!


anyway, just wanted to let all of Kate's friends and fans know that she is in great health for an old dog, and is enjoying her retirement!!! One day I will share with you all her story

1 comment:

Sarah said...

yay for kate!!

although i don't like you calling her an old dog, she has many more years left in her!!!!!!!

you should call her a veteran or mature lady. :)