Sunday, June 19, 2005

Wow...

Well even though I had good intentions I sure haven't posted much. It seems I am much too busy to even log on to the computer these days....Not that I don't mind being busy but sometime I think that it would be nice to do nothing....
anyways,

I went to an "attention" seminar yesterday and it was alright. A good refresher I guess- a lot of what we talked about I do already but it was nice to hear it from someone else that what I am doing is right...It was mostly Chris Bach's theory about the attention game and it was kind of neat to see dogs who had no attention on their owners at the beginning at the end starting to really get it. Wicca of course was a little star (like I said we have been doing the attention game since she was a baby) Sam on the other hand was histarical. We had Maureen laughing so hard...When I got Sam the only thing he knew was to sit pretty- a cute trick but not something I encourage a lot from him- it is still his default behavior however so as he is sitting in front of me and I have the cookie he of course thinks ofay- so I am not getting the cookie this way she must want me to be cute- co up on his haunches he goes- Maureen says okay wait it out a bit and then break the exercise...So 30 seconds or so goes by and he is still a statue...you could just see his little corgi brain thinking...wow am I smart!
Kate got to stay home for some little R&R- she's not really into the whole group thing but the corgis sure had fun....

Well a week to go until lethbridge dog show and I am still feeling very doubtful about Kate....I am just not sure I want to ask her to go back into the ring again- she surely didn't enjoy it before but she has been training so well I want to try....We are going to practice for the next couple days and then give her wed-fri off...
Wicca however has been doing awesome- I am quite impressed with her and am hopeful about the weekend. I only have her entered in two trials- one sat, one sun....But depending on how Lethbridge goes I will send my entries away for AKC in calgary (august) there is a cardigan booster so it would be lots of fun.....

No comments: